October 29, 2012
To continue on topic of which glasses are suitable for big heads, we would like to put a few suggestions from Bvlgari 2012 collection. Bvlgari tends to employ men models with rather large heads, Clive Owen being the latest. Clive Owen is a British actor who is known for his appearances in American movies such as Sin City, Closer and Inside Man. Clive Owen is 6.2 feet, or 1.89 cm – his head is one of the biggest.
Quick summary on what you need to look for when buying glasses for a big brainy head:
- Ensure that size is large, 54 and up
- Lens is deep to achieve balanced look in both vertical and horizontal directions
- If you like lense to be very large, go for semi-rimless frames. This will make lens visually appear not as large as it is.
- Large glasses look better on narrow arms/temples. When arms are wide they tend to visually enlarge the look of entire glasses. Bvlgari glasses, all have very elegant, balanced arm.
- Arms should be long enough to reach properly behind your ear. Since Bvlgari frames are made large, you don’t need to worry about the temple from this brand. Otherwize, make sure arm is at least 140 cm long.
- Bridge is only a concern if your nose is wide in the area where glasses normally sit. Clive’s nose is not wide in that area. But of course, if you pick metal frames glasses bridge is not a concern at all because nosepads can be adjusted to fit any size.
Here are several Bvlgari glasses frames from 2012 fall collection:
October 28, 2012
Karl Lagerfeld is without questions is the brightest fashion designer of the present. He is also one of the most outspoken. To continue on topic of quotes by famous designers, here is some of Largerfeld’s “karlshisms“:
- The best things I’ve ever done have come from dreams
- I love change; I’m attached to nothing
- When I took on Chanel, it was a sleeping beauty — not even a beautiful one; she snored
- Hunters make a living having learnt nothing else than hunting, killing those beasts who would kill us if they could. In a meat-eating world, wearing leather for shoes and clothes and even handbags, the discussion of fur is childish
- Why should I stop working? If I do, I’ll die and it’ll all be finished
- Success nullifies; you have to do it again, and better
- Russian men are the worst. If I would be a Russian woman, I would be a lesbian by now
- It is my job to adopt to changes of today and not live in the past
- What is interesting is now. If you think it was better before, then you might as well commit suicide immediately
- Everything changes, except death. Billions have died before us, so it can’t be that bad. If you ask me, death and deep sleep are the same thing
- In all my contracts it says, if you want me, send a private jet
- What you need is a face. If you have a face you don’t need height or a voice. Models know this; that’s why the good ones don’t need to talk much
- Nowadays you start to model because you’re young. Now the girls are sixteen, seventeen, fifteen, and Russian. They are like from another planet.
- I hate all these tall women. They are all giants!
- I don’t need meetings. I’m only interested in my own opinion anyway
- I’m mad for books, it is a disease I won’t recover from
- Career, what career? What does it mean – career? Everything I do is my passion. Everything is connected
- I don’t turn pages. I tear them out. I make blank pages again. I am an unwritten book
October 25, 2012
Bvlgari BV5022K real 18K gold sunglasses
Blvgari is one of most luxurious brands available in Canada when it comes to glasses. This year Bvlgari went over the top making a pair of aviator sunglasses made out of 18 carat gold. It’s not just gold color, which has always been popular among Bvlgari lovers. It’s a real gold precious metal. Whoever is looking for a perfect gift for a men, Bvlgari BV5022K real gold aviators can’t be matched. Given that they only go for $699 at EyeInform sunglasses store, this is a no brainer.
Other models wouldn’t disappoint also. Clean cut, solid shapes and very little branding make new Bvlgari sunglasses hard to not like for men who like elite things but without much show off. People who recognize the brand will appreciate, others will just look and enjoy. Of course average price for a good pair of Bvlgari sunglass is around $350 – also a good value given how massive this brand is. Many pairs have polarized version available. Any how, check new 2012 fall Bvlgari collection.
Bvglari BV7013 can fold four times to fit in a small pocket
|Bvlgari BV5025 buy here
||Bvlgari BV7012 buy here
||Bvglari BV7013 buy here
October 24, 2012
Tavi Gevinson. A phenomenon of todays fashion publishing.
Today Toronto Star has made a post about Tavi Gevinson, an American fashion blogger who several years ago has blown Internet with her creative blog about fashion. Tavi made headlines when her photos in front rows of Paris Fashion Week surfaced up , and then a few more together with John Galliano. This was back when John Galliano was still a living legend, still a head of House of Dior and Tavi a child really, but flamboyantly dressed with grey colored hair.
Tavi’s story was very simple. She was blogging about fashion posting simple pictures she found online and in fashion magazines about what interested her. And then after a year or so, her blog somehow was picked up by Google attracting millions of hits a month. When you get millions hits a month, your blog becomes something like a Justin Bieber early YouTube videos – a phenomenon of todays Web 2.0. Tavi’s blog was mentioned by a fashion magazine and then she got interviewed by New York Times and subsequently endorsed by fashion brands to blog about them. She became an Internet sensation.
Few months later, back in 2010 I wanted to show her blog to my daughter and found that Tavi’s blog was down. There was a message from Google Blogger service stating that the blog was taken down for “copyright” concerns. I was a bit puzzled and thought it was some kind of a joke. But today when Toronto Star has wrote about now 16 year old, I am more than happy. Young people should get a chance. All that hard work she did travelling around America, making photos and writing creatively can not be wasted. In fact it is remarkable that her blog The Style Rookie is still hosted by Blogger…
Anyhow, I find Tavi a phenomenon of today’s publishing. Ever since blogging became a norm and the most common form of website, people like Tavi overpower fashion magazine editors and journalists. When you look at her blog today you see that she mostly writes about herself, her ideas and likes slightly connecting them to brands, trends, fashion news and so forth. Her blog appears very far from commercial bias, information presented in a free opinionated, a little bit childish form. People love that. Young people love that. Teenagers love that. Young people feel good about not being lied to, they are fed up with outdated advertisements that haven’t changed since 1960’s. Ads themselves didn’t change, just where they are shown has changed. Tavi simply gets it.
Tavi has a bright future. I surely hope that she can one day head the Elle, or Vogue magazine or some very large Advertising company.